Coordinate activities pertaining to Environmental, Health, Safety, and security of facilities in order to comply with all applicable regulations and company processes and procedures. To drive a zero-incident culture and advance environmental sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain company EHS programs and processes that are safe and meet regulatory requirements.
- Interface with regulatory agencies on EHS matters.
- Develop, implement, and deliver effective training programs.
- Provide technical and regulatory guidance for chemical handling and hazardous waste programs.
- Ensure Job Hazard Analysis is effectively conducted. Monitor closure of action items.
- Assist in management of company's Emergency Plan and Emergency Response Team.
- Provide training for First Aid, CPR/AED and HAZ-COM.
- Conduct Incident Investigations and Root Cause Analysis. Ensure injury, illness or close call cases are effectively managed to closure.
- Provide effective Incident Response follow-up.
- Maintain a comprehensive inspection program and track corrective action items to closure
- Assist in the management and communication of Environmental Health & Safety metrics.
- Assist in development of departmental policies procedures and safety training.
- Conduct facility audits and inspections
- Knowledgeable source of established security procedures
· Other duties as assigned
· The job has no supervisory responsibilities
Education, Certifications & Qualifications:
· Associates degree in relevant field and /or experience in Environmental, Health and Safety.
· 1-2 years' experience writing reports, documenting incidents, correcting violations and provide employee training / preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Intermediate computer knowledge / Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, & Power Point)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong leadership skills for implementing and sustaining processes, policies, and procedures
· Ability to inspire, motivate and collaborate with others
· Must have strong problem-solving skills and a desire to create solutions.
· Must have demonstrated and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with internal and external customers; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
· Ability to write correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format.
· Ability to establish and maintain rapport and effective communication with diverse levels within company and external customer organizations.
· Prior experience working under tight deadlines with shifting priorities.
· Must have the ability to work in sensitive and confidential situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables.
· Demonstrated understanding of basic math principles and procedures, ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the yard, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or yard will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed footwear.